According to Allcitycodes, South Korea is a small peninsula located in East Asia, bordered by the Sea of Japan to the east and the Yellow Sea to the west. It has a total land area of 100,363 km2 (38,690 sq mi), making it slightly larger than Portugal or slightly smaller than Hungary. The country is divided into nine provinces (do) and seven metropolitan cities. The capital city of South Korea is Seoul, which is also its largest city with a population of over 10 million people. The geography of South Korea consists mainly of mountains and hills which cover 70% of the country’s total land area, while plains and lowlands make up most of the remaining 30%. The highest peak in South Korea is Mount Halla which stands at 1,950 m (6,398 ft). The country also has several major rivers such as the Han River which flows through Seoul and other large cities. The climate in South Korea varies depending on location; however it generally has four distinct seasons including humid summers and cold winters. Temperatures can range from −20 °C (−4 °F) in winter to 35 °C (95 °F) in summer. The international dialling code for South Korea is +82 followed by either 8 digits for landlines or 10 digits for mobile phones e.g: +82 2 xxx xxxx or +82 10 xxx xxxx respectively where ‘x’ represents any digit between 0-9 depending on your telephone number. South Korean area codes are divided into two categories – national area codes consisting of two digits followed by three digits e.g: 02-xxx-xxxx and local area codes consisting of three digits followed by four digits e.g: 0xx-xxxx-xxxx where ‘x’ represents any digit between 0-9 depending on your telephone number’s location within each province/metropolitan city respectively. The national flag of South Korea consists of a white background with a red circle in its centre representing yin and yang – balance between opposing forces – while its national anthem is “Aegukga” meaning “Patriotic Song” which was adopted as national anthem in 1948 after being first sung during anti-Japanese protests in 1895 when Japan annexed Korea at that time. Check politicsezine for South Korea Political System.