Complex Magazine lists 101 things you did not know about the sneakers. Good idea, we thought, and selected the ten most interesting and fun you:
- If you share the model number of New Balance shoes with ten, you get the approximate sale price in dollars. (NB574 costs therefore about $ 57.40, in the United States when the course).
- Vans started all the personalization trend with sneakers. 1966 to be exact. Founder Paul Van Doren sounded namely individuals to come to the factory with a special cloth and then get a pair of shoes made of them.
- The youngest (?) Basketball player to ever be sponsored by a shoe company should be Mark Walker, three years old. He got a contract with Reebok after his parents sent us a video in which he set 18 free throws in a row.
- Celebrity jeweler Jacob The Jeweler ornate basketball player Allen Iver’s Question-sneaker with 246 pieces of diamonds. The auctioned later on Eastbay for $ 65,000.
- Display booths for new sneakers for athletic contests are apparently sensitive land. Ladders man into a Nike -base with Adidas on his feet are asked to switch to a pair of Nike, or walk around barefoot.
- All Air Jordan models are released on Saturdays. This is done so that no play truant from school in order to get hold of them.
- Much will be away with in music videos, but to talk too much about a particular shoe model may not do. MTV, MTV2 and VH1 stopped Nelly’s song “Air Force Ones” who did not play on any of the channels when it was considered product placement.
- K-Swiss has his five stripes on the shoes of a specific reason – namely, that the shoes are not stretching. The stripes are therefore the shape of the shoe.
- The classic model Nike Cortez was originally an Asics shoe. Phil Knight was working as a salesman for Asics (then called Tiger), and when he switched to Nike company, he thought he contributed so much to the development of the shoe that he took it with him. This led to a long dispute ended in 1974 with both entitled to the model, but that Asics did not get to use the name “Cortez”. They released then on it under the name Corsair instead. Both shoes are still today.
- Converse All-Stars were only in black / white until 1966 (and has been on the market since 1917).
Time Flies…Take Pictures!!!: Hello…Nice to see you again!!
Cool or Not: Z-CoiL Sneakers
Vans Lace-Up Sneakers Review
She never actually applied to Central Saint Martins but …
10 Signs You’re A Clothes Hoarder
Lacoste “René Did It First“ Capsule CollectionDAAN
It’s Making a Fashion Comeback this Fall
DIY “Thing” Halloween Costume – THIS BLONDE LIFE
Paul Pierce, Joakim Noah Nearly Fight in a Preseason Game …
Let the Games Begin
Kid Cudi Announces Prelude EP to "Man On The Moon 3"
Pink at 2008 American Music Awards: Hair and Makeup Poll …
301 Moved Permanently
Nike Breaks Down 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Paul …
10 Things You Should Know About the New Nike Free 5.0 …
10 Things You Probably Did Not Know About Nike – DOPEFOOT
The 6 Ugliest Sneakers Ever Made
What Your Gym Clothes Say About You